More fall recipes! Woohoo! This recipe was modified from this recipe for Chicken Stuffing Casserole. Another recipe that is easily adapted to the ingredients you have on hand…PS- this recipe was a hit and I’ll definitely be making it again! A great way to get everyone to eat squash!
1/2 onion diced
1 tbsp garlic diced
3 cups chicken broth
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup flour
1 large chicken breast cubed
1 cup butternut squash cubed
1 cup yellow squash cubed
1 can green beans
1 pkg stuffing mix
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a 9×13 pan.
2. In a large skillet, melt the butter and add the chopped onion and garlic over medium heat until soft.
3. Season with salt and pepper then add 2 cups of the chicken broth and flour, stirring until all lumps are removed. Once it’s thickened a little, add the milk and keep stirring. Once combined well, remove from heat.
4. Place cubed chicken and squash as well as a few cranberries and about 3/4 can of the green beans along the bottom of the 9×13 pan.
5. Pour skillet mixture over the chicken and squash. I stirred this just a little…
6. In another bowl, mix dry stuffing mix with remaining 1 cup of chicken broth just to dampen it. This will help it cook and get crispy once it’s in the oven. Once mixed, pour on top of everything in the pan and distribute evenly.
7. Just for looks, distribute the remaining cranberries and green beans across the top of the casserole.
8. Cover with foil and bake for 35min. Enjoy!