This recipe is very simple and doesn’t require all of the expensive components of real tiramisu (one of my absolute favorite desserts!) I’ve been wanting to try it out for a while now but knew that a whole 9×13 of anything tiramisu would be dangerous in our home. So when we had all of our company over this weekend I knew it was the perfect opportunity! The original recipe can be found here: Tiramisu Cheesecake. Although a few modifications made this dessert even better than the original…I might be biased though…
- 1 package Nilla Wafers, divided (I got super cheap ones from the dollar store!)
- 1 cup (8oz) strong black coffee
- 4 packages Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Container thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping (I used Extra Creamy)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (or Chocolate Pudding dry mix – I didn’t have cocoa powder)
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In an ungreased 9×13 pan use about half of the bag of Nilla Wafers to cover the bottom. Don’t worry if there are spaces between the cookies, you won’t even notice later.
3. Using about 1/3 of the coffee, soak the Nilla Wafers in the pan. I used a spoon and poured the coffee over several cookies at a time. The cookies should be thoroughly soaked – enough to pretty much fall apart if you touched them.
4. Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add sour cream and mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Remove about half of the batter and set it aside in a medium sized bowl.
5. Add about 1/3 of the coffee to the batter that is still in the mixer and mix until just blended. Pour this batter with the coffee over the layer of Nilla Wafers in the pan.
6. Add another layer of Nilla Wafers using the rest of the bag (I even poured the crumbs in) and soak them with the remaining coffee.
7. Cover this layer of Nilla Wafers with the remaining “plain” batter that you set aside earlier.
8. Bake 45 min then remove from the oven. Allow it to cool almost completely on the counter. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Top with Cool Whip and cocoa powder shortly before serving. Enjoy!