Since I’m working long days without time for snacks I’ve realized that I need to eat a filling breakfast in order to make it to lunch. I decided to try these breakfast cookies to have something filling that I could grab on the way out the door in the morning. I really like them and it definitely seemed to help at work today!
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup applesauce (I used the cinnamon flavor)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix banana & peanut butter until completely combined then add in the applesauce and vanilla.
3. Add in the oatmeal and mix until combined.
4. Drop the cookies by spoonful onto a greased pan and flatten into a round shape. Add chocolate chips on top at this point. I just dropped a few on top of each cookie.
5. Bake for about 25 min or until golden brown. Cool and Enjoy!