Cold season is upon us and I wanted to get a head start by making these Homemade Vicks Vapor Shower Disks. I’ve already tried one out and it worked alright-ish. There are definitely some adjustments I’d make for next time since mine turned out all crumbly and basically dissolved within a few minutes of me being in the shower. However, it did make the shower nice and minty, it was very calming. So this is the version I would stick with for next time…
1 cup Baking Soda
1/3 + a few tbsp Water
15 drops Essential Oil (your choice) – I used Origins Stress Relieving Oil
1. Mix together baking soda and water until you make a thick paste.
2. Add essential oil to the mix.
3. Put about 1-2 tbsp of mix into each muffin tin spot. (I used paper liners this time but I honestly think it would work better without. You’d just have to turn them over to pop them out at the end.)
4. Let sit overnight to dry. (I tried baking them and I think that’s one of the reasons they were crumbly.)
5. Place one in the bottom of your shower to help relieve congestion or just relax!