I had completely forgotten about these wonderful cookies until I started thinking about what cookies I’m going to bring to an upcoming cookie exchange. However, I didn’t really want to wait two weeks to make them, so I did a “test” to make sure they were still as good as I remembered. And they were! So easy and actually not as bad for you as some cookies out there…
3 Egg Whites (careful to not get any yokes in there)
1 tsp Lemon Juice
3/4 cup Sugar
1 tbsp Vanilla
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
1. Make sure your bowl/beaters, standing mixer is very clean and dry or else it may effect the consistency of the meringue. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add egg whites and lemon juice to mixer and beat on high until still peaks are beginning to form.
3. Continue to beat and slowly add the sugar and vanilla.
4. Keep beating the whole mixture until very stiff peaks are formed and the batter looks shiny.
5. Stop the mixer and gently fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
6. Drop by the large tbsp onto a pan lined with foil and place in the oven.
7. As soon as you close the oven door, turn off the oven and leave the pan of cookies in overnight. Hence the name nightie nites! It does take a little self control not to open the oven but it’s worth it!
8. In the morning the cookies should be ready to go. I had one for breakfast…